Pages

Friday 6 July 2012

Olympic Trials and Tribulations

It's officially been a week since the final of the 1500m at the Canadian Olympic Trials. It seems like a month ago, based on the number of thoughts that have been running through my head since. I wasn't super pleased with my 5th place finish, but in such a competitive group of women, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I am just going to run two more races in the National Track League, the Aileen Meagher and the Toronto Track Finale and then end my season. I have been dealing with an impinged deltoid ligament in my ankle which has been super sore for over a month now (which I have been ignoring) and some personal issues that are making it tough to focus on running right now.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me throughout this year and my goal of making the Olympic Team. To those who donated to my Trust Fund, I can't thank you enough. I gave it everything this year and unfortunately, besides hard work, there is also a lot of luck involved in making the Olympic Team, first off, being on top your game in Olympic Year, being ready to make use of every opportunity you can to make standard, and getting into great races. There's always World Championship teams, of course, but as everyone knows, the Olympics is the epitome of any athlete's journey, since it is such a rare and precious thing.

I am thankful that I had the chance to meet some awesome people this year in my new training group. Not sure what the future holds for me, but I hope some rest and family time will bring some perspective to the past few months and help me set new goals in the future, running or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment