Pages

Saturday 7 April 2012

Well, some races are just... Anti-climactic

...Which is a great reason why you (I) should not go into a race with super high expectations, especially this early on. Leading up to tonight's 1500m at the Sun Angel Track Classic at Arizona State University, I was told all week that this was going to be a fast one. Apparently there was a rabbit organized and the field looked pretty stacked.

Then, I get to the track and I am told there is no rabbit. Ok, no problem, it seemed like there were a couple of girls who might want to take it out fast. Then, the gun goes off and we get to the 800m at 2:20. Again!!! (See my last post). I think, ok, refocus and just race. I was in the top 2 at 200m to go and then didn't have a second gear to bring it home this time. I was 4th in 4:19.

Afterwards, I felt like I could run another one. :S 

I know I'm in the best shape of my life so I just have to be patient.

The next one will be the Payton Jordan Invitational at Stanford University on April 28th. People usually like to run fast there ;)

1 comment:

  1. Better luck next time Julia!
    That's the problem in middle distance when you have the bunch going slow though 800 mts like that. Curious if you target such race outcomes in your training in off season to keep some extra kick for the final 200? Good luck in Stanford. That last 200 meters is yours on the 28th - own it!

    ReplyDelete