Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Decisions, Decisions...

It's been awhile since my last post... My normally compliant body has been causing me some issues these last couple of weeks... As  many of you probably know, the original plan for racing was to do Stanford on April 29th, however, I came down with a stomach virus just over two weeks ago and then just as I was starting to feel better, my quad started to act up and I wasn't able to run at all for a few days. So, since I had not finished a workout in 2 weeks, I made the decision not to race. It was pretty disappointing but I know there are more chances to run fast coming up in a few weeks. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) all of my flights/accommodations were booked to go to Stanford, so at least I got the chance to watch some excellent track and field!

Today is my first day at altitude camp in Flagstaff, Arizona. Although I have not done a run yet (just about to leave for the first one in about 30 minutes) I already love it here, it's such a relief from Phoenix where it has been unseasonably warm for this time of year! The weekend before last in Phoenix, it was so hot (over 100 degrees fahrenheit) that we actually did our long runs on the treadmill! Also, there's lots of trees and grass here in Flagstaff and it's only 66 degrees so far today, the crisp air kinda reminds me of Newfoundland.

I'll try to give updates of how the camp is going. I haven't really noticed much difference in how I am feeling yet but I'll probably notice it on my run. Look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment