Pages

Sunday 11 March 2012

All work and no play makes Julia a dull girl...

...So, sometimes, at practice we throw on our uniforms for a little extra "fun". BOOM!


Yes, well, we needed a little distraction from the destruction we were all about to feel from the workout on Saturday morning. "Livin' in the fast lane", I can hear some of you say. Pun intended.

The workout went well. It was a key indicator of 1500m fitness for me and I was pleased at the result for this time of year.

400m- 65 sec
1 minute break
800m- 2:15 (neg. split 68.7, 66.6)
1 minute break
400m- 66 sec

10 minutes break

300m- 47 sec
1 minute break
500m- 1:21
2 minute break
200m- 29 sec
Needless to say, we were all happy when the beating was over.


Then, today we had a 20 km long run with a 4 mile (6.4 km) progression after the first 30 minutes. My body was feeling pretty rough beforehand though, as a result of Saturday's workout plus the rest of the week but, once I got moving, I felt ok. I had a bit of a breakthrough on this one as well. I started out at around 4 minute/km pace and finished the last 2km in 3:30-3:35 /km pace.

A great week overall. Total volume: approx. 120km.   

Looking forward to my day off tomorrow. ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Much for fun training with a group! May I ask who your training partners are? Is the U.S.A. girl Shannon Rowbury?

    ReplyDelete