Pages

Thursday 8 March 2012

At the SCC, yeah, you know me... Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Well, this week we are really starting to ramp things up and we are doing much more event-specific work on the track (@ the SCC- Scottsdale Community College). Over the last few months, I have done a ton of tempo work and have been running more miles than I have in my whole life. I've also spent a lot more time in the gym lifting weights. My husband, Jon, has really helped me get strong in the weightroom doing exercises that will help me become more efficient once racing season starts up. You should check out his website designed specifically for runners at: www.strongerrunner.com

On Tuesday, we had a tough workout:

5 x 3 minutes hard (off track) with 2 minutes break + 4 x 200m (@ 1500m-800m pace).

Then, today we had another tough workout:

4 x (800m @ 3K pace, 1 minute break, 200m @ 1500m pace or better).

This is more my kind of workout. I averaged 2:24 for the 800s and hit 30-31secs for the 200s. Not bad considering I haven't done much track work at all yet. I really noticed an increase in aerobic strength today and a level of relaxation while running these paces that I haven't felt before.

On Saturday, we've got a speed endurance session (@ 1500m-1000m pace), a real doozy:

Set 1: 400m, 1 minute break, 800m, 1 minute break, 400m
10 minutes break
Set 2: 300m, 1 minute break, 500m, 2 minutes break, 200m

It will be interesting to see how this one goes as I am also keeping my volume pretty high this week.

It should probably be said now that, out of respect for my coaches and training partners, I will not be posting every workout (or every detail of every workout) on here.

I can however, tell you what's on the old ipod during my recovery runs. The 2011 album by Common, "The Dreamer/ The Believer" is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time and keeps the positive vibes sky high. Here's a preview:



Gotta dream, gotta believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment